Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6

Posted by keeganxt 
Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6
June 06, 2008 02:51PM
Hi,

I'm running a new iMac 3.06GHz with 4Gb Ram and Final Cut Studio 2.

I'm trying to insert some basic text as a place holder for down the line. I click the "a" in the viewer and go down to text>text. The text tool loads into the viewer and the viewer window reads "sample text" as usual. Now I can drag that "sample text" file into the timeline fine, but when i go to edit it via the control tab, I click on the tab and then the beach ball of death pops up and FCP 6 quits unexpectedly. I tried this numerous times and trying to getting to the text edit differently but it still quits. I know i can use boris but i want to know what the deal is with this. it's the fastest way to get dummy text on the screen as i know how. Help is appreciated.
Re: Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6
June 15, 2008 09:42PM
I'm moving this to the main forum, because it's not a bug, and you're more likely to get help there.

oh lol- Im not a mod in this forum.This thread needs moving.

Re: Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 5
January 08, 2009 03:24PM
This post was presumably moved to the main form, but I could see no replies. I am having the same problem with a crash anytime I select the controls tab in the viewer. I have tried deleting FCP preferences and even reinstalling FTP. It crashes with existing video generated text that I already had or with new ones that I've tried to add. I'm using version 5.1.4 with a MacBook Pro and OSx10.5.6. Any help?
Re: Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 5
January 08, 2009 03:50PM
well you wont get any replies here, that's for sure.
this is not a trouble shooting forum, it's a bug report forum.

if you want some help, re-post this in the Cafe, which IS the trouble shooting forum.

nick
October 01, 2010 05:19PM
I have been going crazy with this problem too. And I think I found an ANSWER. Well, not an answer but definitely a FIX.

Apparently for me it was a problem with my mac user account.
I created a new 'test' user account from scratch (System Prefs...Accounts...)
Tried opening FCP in this new user account and VOILA. No crash.

Hooray.
October 02, 2010 11:31AM
It's probably a corrupt font. You can use the Font Book utility to find and remove problematic fonts.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics