Cut-Paste from one 720p timeline to another

Posted by Loren Miller 
Cut-Paste from one 720p timeline to another
March 21, 2009 05:26AM
Client describes an issue in FCP 6.x on an 8-core running Tiger 4.11, when doing this on 960 X 720p clips, with both timeline settings exactly the same, all clips the same:

Pasting into a newer sequence results in black bars and vertically distorted clips. Surrounding clips native to the timeline are fine.

The workaround I recommended was to match frame and replace all edits from master clips.
That works.

Anybody else seen this problem on 720p or other material?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Fit Timeline Selection to Window with Shift-Option-Z !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Cut-Paste from one 720p timeline to another
March 21, 2009 06:58AM
Did the client check the item properties for the two sequences to make sure they are identical? Can he post or email the FCP project file someplace?
Re: Cut-Paste from one 720p timeline to another
April 07, 2009 05:30PM
I've worked on DvcproHD 720p clips on Octo, quads and G5s, with the exception of the Tiger, FCS2, and an intel combination, but i haven't seen that behaviour before. However, copying and pasting DvcproHD clips into a ProRes timeline back into a DvcproHD timeline (both set to 960x720) seems to exhibit some unexpected behaviour similar to what you described.

>The workaround I recommended was to match frame and replace all edits from master clips.

You can also copy and paste the clips and then remove attributes for basic motion and distort. Just make sure that no clips have basic motion or distort functions applied, or you'll be removing those as well.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics