DVDSP2 Quiting Unexpectedly

Posted by Marten Benatar 
DVDSP2 Quiting Unexpectedly
September 04, 2003 12:47PM
G4 1.2 dual 1 gig ram 7200 ultra ata 133 internal drives FCP4. OSX 10.2.6 Quicktimepro 6.3

I've exported via compressor designed the DVD in DVDSP2 everything works great in simulation. I go to burn/build it quits at 44% everytime.

I defraged, reinstalled DVDSP2 (threw away DVDSP@.pkg) reinstalled my OSX .

I have burned this file previously. I trashed m2v file and re-exported all to no avail. It will not Burn/Build without quitting.

Upgrading to FCP4 and DVDSP2 has been an absolute nightmare. How does Apple expect anyone to have a business using these programs? Is there any alternative? I've tried everything I can think of

Apple tech support sent me through two days of BS and I still can't burn a DVD.

Marten
1. try to burn to hard drive using IMG
With that, try using the built in disc copy app, burn image, select img file, burn to cd/dvd-master no compression.

2. try to do a build, without format
With that, try using Toast, copy the audio_ts and video_ts into toast, select the DVD Video option and burn away.

--

Other issues:

Check the media you are using. Make sure it is DVD-R and nothing else. If you have a lot of boxes of media, open a new box and get a new blank not in sequence with the last two you have used. It could simply be a bad lot of blanks... That does happen...

What fails at 44%. The build process or the burn process after the build. On DVD Studio Pro 2, at the bottom left hand of the screen when using advanced setup, you assets tab has a log tab. Watch that log tab and pay attention to where the process is failing.
Re: DVDSP2 Quiting Unexpectedly
September 04, 2003 08:07PM
Hi
The process is failing at 44% of the build process before it even goes to burn. I can't get it to finish building without quitting. I am using the correct disks. The weird thing is I think it might be an issue with compressor. I am going to encode the FCP4 file from DVDSP2 and see what happens. I've tried everything else that I can think of.

Marten
I know you stated you reinstalled and all that. Did you actually start a new DVD project and that failed at the same place, or did you use the older project? If you have another project about that same size, is it also failing or is it the one project?

You know, I used to work with QuarkXPress a lot, and once in a while a Quark document would just corrupt on me. I used to take all the assets and create a brand new Quark doc and past the assets into that new doc. My problems would magically go away.

So to be painfully obvious, do you feel that perhaps the project itself has a problem?
September 04, 2003 08:26PM
Hi,
This would be the fourth new project that has corrupted on me, if that is what the issue is. I have trashed two.

Marten
I would start to look at the hard drive itself. I reformat mine once in a while. All the huge files on and off, staggered little files all over the place can really start to screw things up.

Every 12 months, I toss the 2nd drive and get a new one. That gets reformatted when I believe it is a good time to do so, which is pretty much anytime it is full, then cleared. Between projects, take the opportunity to clean the drive with a new format.

I have not heard many complaints personally with DVDSP2 and Compressor. Works for me...

Sorry... I think you have tapped me out.
September 04, 2003 08:56PM
Thanks,
I appreciate your help. I am going to try a new hard drive.

Marten
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics