Error message

Posted by Sean 
Error message
September 17, 2003 03:33PM
Hi Guys
I am running DVDSP 1.5.2.
While trying to build a disc in DVDSP i keep getting an error. It says...... Bad encoded Video Stream. Error code - 32017. What is this? It is about 30 minytes long and I have encoded at 7mbps. Just dv material with no menus etc. Just a staright transfer. Please help. I have a delivery on Friday. It all encodes normally to .m2v etc and I encode audio to AC3 with APack. Whats happening??
Re: Error message
September 18, 2003 11:25AM
On page 123 of the DVD Studio Pro 1.5 Users Manual it states
"Bad Encoded Video
Multiplexing stops. Message means the encoding did not work properly-frames inside a GOP may be missing, too long or too short....
To solve problem, re-encode the MPEG stream."

That is the only reference to that type of error in the User Manual.
September 18, 2003 02:48PM
Thanks John

I keep getting the same message. I tried to change the bitrates from 2 all way to 9.........same thing. I just cant work it out. Also I keep getting pixellation on mpeg encodes. I am viewing in Apple DVD player and there are small areaes which have pixellation or freezes. Is this a bitrate problem, or am I doing something wrong. Initially, when I installed the dvd writer, i tested on a small edit of 2 minutes and the burn was great. Now I am getting pixellation on just about everything over 10 minutes.
September 18, 2003 03:00PM
Are you using a firewire drive? If so export a selfcontained movie to an internal drive. Then encode from that.
September 19, 2003 08:18AM
No Marty
I am encoding from internal drives not firewire.
???????????????
September 19, 2003 09:59AM
The only times I've had these kinds of problems I was either working from a fire wire drive or else a reference movie. When I started to export a self contained movie to an internal drive and then encoded to a second internal drive the problem went away. Something to do with the computer hunting around for all the pieces of the video. If you do that and still have the problem it could be something on the source material.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics