Serialization

Posted by JBeal 
Serialization
August 09, 2005 04:35PM
When trying to export MPEG2 from quicktime or FCP5 I am getting the error "DVD Studio Pro must be serialized first in order to run Quicktime MPEG encoder." Does anyone have any idea how to serialize DVD Studio Pro? M DVDSP4 is working fine so I would expect it would have been serialized when my company installed it the other day. I am running a G5 Dual 2.7 with 8 gigs ram, and just bought FCP studio and installed it 2 days ago.
Thanks for any help.
Josh
Re: Serialization
August 10, 2005 09:57AM
FC Studio is serialized with one serial number during the installation process so I have not heard of this problem to date.
August 10, 2005 02:02PM
Searching through the archives I saw thaat one person uninstalled and reinstalled DVDSP and it was fixed. I tried that and now my MPEG2 option in the export menu has disappeared from both QT and FCP5. Does anyone know how to get it back. I looked at both the DVDSP and FCP install discs and don't see it listed in any of the "Extras". Any ideas?
Josh
August 11, 2005 04:14PM
Just spoke with Apple. They told me MPEG2 export from FCP5 or QT7 is no longer supported. They said that when doing the upgrade the QTMPEGExport component should have been removed from the library so as not to even give the option of an export. They said that they designed it so that MPEG2 encoding can now only be done in Compressor or DVDSP (background or oin build).
Josh

Post Edited (09-26-05 15:18)
Guy
August 26, 2005 05:06PM
Hey everybody,

I maintain a small facility with a few of these FCS installations and have run into the same problem, however...

One of the G5's actually does export Mpeg-2 through QuickTime conversion, proving that it is possible to encode that way

I don't have the fix, or the reason why one installation works and the other doesn't. (They are all superduper copies) I?m not a programmer and so you gurus out there don't discourage, there is most definitely a way

I?ve tried using the working installation in target mode, and launching that system from a different CPU, and got the same error. Somehow the serialization sequence was different and allows the QT conversion.
Re: QT mpeg-2
August 26, 2005 06:59PM
One way to get mpeg-2 export back into QT is to grab your DSP3 installer disc. Open it. Ctrl+Click on Install DVD Studio Pro 3 and select Show Original. then in the Packages folder double click the QuickTimeMPEG2.pkg to re-install just the QT mpeg-2 export thingy ma jiggy. Restart and bingo, under Export you'll see the Movie to MPEG2 option...

HTH some,

Jake
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics