need help from multiclip to multi angle DVD

Posted by Craig Ganoe 
need help from multiclip to multi angle DVD
September 22, 2005 06:59PM
I am rather new with FCP, but I'm diving headfirst into trying to create a multi-angle DVD. So what I basically have is captured video from two cameras with synced timecodes. I've used the multiclip feature to create the sequences I want in Final Cut Pro with the two angles. This seems to work quite well to automatically pull together the pairs of synced clips. I can go through the viewer and watch the multiclip video together from the two angles.

Now, I want to get this to a DVD. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see any easy way to export what I've created in Final Cut Pro to something I can turn into a multi-angle DVD in DVD Studio Pro. I mean sure, I could dump out each of the angles separately and piece them back together in DVD Studio Pro, but all the documentation I've been reading seems to imply that all of my synced timecode info would be lost in the process and I'd have to piece it back together manually. If fact, I just now tried a couple of things in DVD Studio Pro pulling my video in separately and the timecode data does seem to get lost.

This audio/video is just research data, so I don't want to do a lot of editing with it. I assumed having two cameras with synced timecode information would make this relatively easy to pull off, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to put it together.

Any input, thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: need help from multiclip to multi angle DVD
September 25, 2005 12:14AM
Craig:
If I understand correctly, you have in Final Cut Pro an edited piece where you switch between two cameras, right? That would be the edited piece or angle 1. So, first export the whole timeline and that you use that as angle 1 in DVD SP.

If you have all the edits in track 1 (V1) in FCP, you can then copy all the clips to V2, select them and in the contextual menu (control-click the clips) switch all clips to camera 1. Turn off V1 and export V2. Then you have a file for angle 2 with one of the cameras. Now copy all the clips to V3. Select them and in the contextual menu select angle 2. Turn off V2 (V1 already off) and export the timeline. You now have a file for angle 3.
Let me know if you need more help.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics