taking out mp2 file from dvd

Posted by danielmeallem 
taking out mp2 file from dvd
October 08, 2005 02:43PM
hello is it possible to take out a movies mp2 file from a dvd already authored. so as i can use it in another project.. i lost all my original films and tapes and only have a dvd i made.. please help
Re: taking out mp2 file from dvd
October 08, 2005 02:50PM
Yes, but you need to demux the DVD MPEG files first with an app like this: [www.versiontracker.com]

- Justin Barham -
October 09, 2005 10:44AM
cheers very kindxx will try and let you all know what up. peace and love xxxxxxxxxx
dan

daniel
October 09, 2005 10:54AM
i just read a few reviews from the version tracker website an deveryone said it doesnt work,,, have you tried it,,, if so maybe post on the web that it really works... cheers babaxx

daniel
October 09, 2005 09:55PM
I've used that app to demux and bring back into DVDSP with success. I've also had success with MPEG Streamclip, also free.

Best,

- Justin Barham -
October 10, 2005 06:41PM
Everyone who said it didn't work doesn't include those of us who use it regularly enough to confirm it actually does work... pretty well, too.

Alternatives include DVDxDV, Cinematize and MPEGStreamclip to name a few. You could also search for Mac the Ripper.
October 11, 2005 11:12AM
I use both MPEG Streamclip and DVDxDV. Both are terrific.

Streamclip has more options for output and is far easier for setting in and out points.

DVDxDV is able to deal with DVDs having timecode breaks, something Streamclip doesn't handle well.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics