it's my first time...

Posted by Raoul LaCerta 
it's my first time...
December 20, 2005 09:56PM
...making a menu for a DVD, and i don't even know where to begin.
I should preface this with "please feel free to respond with links to informative sites or other threads" because this is probably child's play to you guys.

I don't have DVD SP, I do have FCP version 3 and i work on an ibook G3 700MHz machine. i've created some FCP clips of my footage, and i want my menu to be simple--just the names of the chapters (clips), an image or two (i can get around a bit on Photoshop) and a short musical selection to loop whilst you are still in the menu.

Can i make the menu in Final Cut Pro? is there another (preferably free) piece of software that will let me make the menu? Can i do it in Flash? is there certain protocol for making and then burning the menu to work with the clips?

thanks for any assistance.
-RL
Re: it's my first time...
December 20, 2005 11:31PM
DVD Studio Pro and iDVD are DVD authoring applications. FCP can not do what they do. You can create motion graphic Quicktime files with FCP but they need to be brought into the DVD app as MPEG-2 video files for turning them into a DVD format.

Menus can be developed in Photoshop, but Menu templates in DVD Studio Pro or iDVD allow quick development of menus and buttons.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics