controller not permitted

Posted by Vivianpr 
controller not permitted
February 18, 2006 03:00PM
Hi.
It's my first time.
I've already burned one dvd with the video and audio ts files on them which was not connected to a play button.

This time I read through the tutorials, created a play button which works on the computer if you hit play but the controller on dvd player says not permitted when i hit play or menu. Since I see the play button and I'm on my computer, I can hit the button with my mouse and it plays, and after that the controller plays and stops the movie.

But I'm afraid it won't work on a dvd player if I burn the disc.

I've just built the dvd, not burned it yet. I'm wondering what I've done wrong.

Any ideas?
Re: controller not permitted
February 18, 2006 03:26PM
Firstly, do not use the mouse to test navigation. There is no mouse on a set top DVD player. DVD Studio provides the Simulator as a first line test. I would also suggest after that, you use the Apple DVD Player software to test out the project before burning a disc.

Using the mouse can lead to a false sense of security that your navigation will work.

Do yourself a BIG favor and work through ALL the tutorials provided with DVD Studio Pro. The tutorials are top class.
February 18, 2006 03:35PM
Thanks, John. I did use both the Simulator and the Apple dvd player software to test out the project.

I've read through the tutorials but admittedly did not work through them. But no where have I read how to make sure the controller is linked to play action.

On p 556 of the DVD Studio Pro User's manual, there is an explanation of how to configure the remote control buttons. As a result, I've dragged main menu: play movie up to menu- source in the Connections tab.

But still, now when I go to the simulator, the enter button plays the movie, but not the play button or the menu bar....

Any quick fixes?

thanks, Vivian
February 18, 2006 09:31PM
I figured it out. I targeted the play button to the tracks and scripts off the menu editor.
Vivian
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics