Making Buttons appear at certain time?

Posted by chaar 
Making Buttons appear at certain time?
May 28, 2006 01:52AM
Hey guys. Need to submit my vid for the Digicon Fest on DVD. So im trying desperately to author a basic DVD quickly, with a cool menu which has a basic Play button and a slideshow for photos.

I've set a cool video as a background already, but i want the "play" and "photos" buttons to appear only at the 19th second of the 26 second long background movie. How exactly do i do that?

Thanks.

Chuck.
Re: Making Buttons appear at certain time?
May 28, 2006 11:57AM
Go back to your NLE and add the text for the buttons at the 19th second on top of the background video that you already have. save a single frame as an image to use later. Export the footage as MPEG2.

Open the single frame in Photoshop as a background. Add a single layer and on that create the shapes that you want to appear adjacent to the text for the buttons to indicate the selection state. Now hide or delete the background, leaving just a white image with the underline, box, or whatever in place. Save that as a .pict.

Import the MPEG2 footage and the overlay file into DVDSP. Set the footage as the menu background and look in the property inspector. Adjust the loop point to be at 19 seconds and a few frames in to the menu. Once done, add the overlay to the menu and set it as the overlay. Draw out your button rectangles and set the button targets and navigation between the buttons.

What should happen is the first 19 seconds will ply, the text for the buttons will appear and the buttons will be 'active' after that. At the end of the menu, it will loop back to the 19 second marker and play from there.

it would be wise to ensure at least 30 seconds of footage exists after the 19 second point in order to avoid too many loops happening before the user has time to make their selection.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics