QT to Compressor encode vs FCp to compressor

Posted by Marla Mitchnick 
QT to Compressor encode vs FCp to compressor
June 06, 2006 08:14AM
Hi there-

I just started an FCP export to compressor about 15 minutes ago.It says it has 3 hours and 43 mins remaining. It's a 40 minute video and I am in a bit of a rush, though I want a solid comressed file.

I had already exported a self-contained QT movie, with DVD Studio Pro Chapter Markers selected...

If I interrupt the Compressor export now, and drag the QT file into compressor, will the time savings be significant enough to justify it?

Also, will the Chapter Markers, DVD SP style, mess anything up? Will they come through?

Thanks, all knowledgeable advice and goofy anecdotes are appreciated,

Marla
Re: Migrate Back from DVD Studio Pro 4 to 3???
June 06, 2006 03:21PM
Report:

So miraculously I was able to get my compressed (fast encode, alas) file done with an hour to spare! The remaining time indicator was WAY off.

So I was very bleary, but I managed to author a aDVD in DVD SP 4, though 2 odd things happened.

1 of my chapters was missing, no biggie, it was in some black so I was able to make a sufficiently exact chapter marker inside of DVD SP.

But I must have accidentally chosen some weird button qualities, I am going to have to redo this: I have 10 buttons on the screen, and chapter/button #1, after I click back to the menu from ANY section, shows a random frame of video inside it, from within that chapter. Since it's a talking head, it's bvery unnattractive, it'll just catch some frame where the dude has his mouth open or the like... All of the other buttons are the right colors at the right times, etc.

I am no longer at Goldcrest, but I'll be back at my work station at the museum next week, where we have DVD Studio Pro 3. Anybody know if I can go backwards to a previos version? I mean I know I can just redo the whole thing from my compressor file, but I was curious...

Marla
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics