I've searched buttons

Posted by Patrick Mullen 
I've searched buttons
November 14, 2006 01:51AM
Hello all. First, thank you for taking time to read this post.

Now to business...

I have set up a DVD.

Two tracks- opening sequence (3:00 min), and main attraction (9:30 min)

One menu

One button

First play is opening sequence. In the timeline I have shrank the play time to 27sec. It then jumps to menu 1. Menu one plays opening sequence from 27sec. on to 3:00 min. then jumps back to 27sec position. Button one jumps to main attraction. Main attraction jumps (at end) to menu one with button.

Works fine in simulator. Burn DVD, try in set top, button will not highlight, play does not work. The only way I can access main attraction is to go to tracks, then to chapters within DVD player settings.

Where have I went fatally wrong?

Thanks again,
Patrick
Re: I've searched buttons
November 14, 2006 09:15AM
Patrick Mullen Wrote:
> First play is opening sequence. In the timeline I
> have shrank the play time to 27sec. It then jumps
> to menu 1. Menu one plays opening sequence from
> 27sec. on to 3:00 min. then jumps back to 27sec
> position. Button one jumps to main attraction.
> Main attraction jumps (at end) to menu one with
> button.
> Thanks again,
> Patrick

Patrick.

it seem to me that it would be a lot easier to use Stories to make this navigation work.

As I read it; you want the opening to run as first play - then go to Menu 1 where you need to press the Play button to view the next 2 min and 3 sec of content. At that point, you press the Play again to play the rest of the main attraction?

What am I missing?
Re: I've searched buttons
November 20, 2006 01:27PM
what i wanted to do is: Play an opening vid, and have a button pop up at a certain time (without biting the scripting bullet). My plan was to play the first few seconds of the vid, then have it end jump to a motion menu of the same vid (just with a button). I figured out what you have to do...

Loop point. You have to give a loop point closer to the beginning of the vid (instead of at the end). If you set it at the end, the button will not become active until the end. At which point, it will simply loop the last second of video and the button will become active for that long. Set it towards the beginning, and it will be active from that point until it loops.

I think this was just a misconception of what a loop point actually is/does.

Thanks for looking John Foley,
Patrick Mullen
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics