Help Needed Recovering Video from Bad DVD

Posted by Gary Sumlak 
Help Needed Recovering Video from Bad DVD
November 28, 2006 03:06PM
A customer has dropped off a 3" video camera DVD that has a un-recoverable error about 12 minutes into the DVD - you can easily see the section of the DVD surface that is bad. I need to recover as much of the DVD as possible. When I load the dvd, DVD player shows the chapter thumbnails up to the point where the DVD fails and after that, a question mark is displayed instead of the image from the DVD. Unfortunately, the entire video is contained in a single VOB.

I have tried copying the disc (1.03GB) to HDD and that fails. I have also tried MPEG Slipstream to rip to DVD, but it too errors out. As a last resort, I tried Snapz Pro X to capture the video in DVD Player to the point where the DVD locks up, but that is taking more HDD than I have available (100GB).

Anyway, what I am hoping is, that some one here will know of a way to capture/RIP as much of the DVD as possible with the most efficient use of HDD space. I would prefer not to convert the video data stream to another format , but keep it to a bit wise copy of the mpeg 2 video and ac3 audio.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics