nothing selected on a menu

Posted by Francois 
nothing selected on a menu
February 27, 2007 09:50AM
when the first menu of a dvd starts playing there is always an element already selected

is there an other option ?

and ... BolckBuster video start by themself once inserted in player
authored Dvd in Dvd S. P. don't / is there a fonction ? (else than first play)

thanx

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Re: nothing selected on a menu
February 27, 2007 11:58AM
Francois, First Play is precisely how the "Blockbuster" videos start to play as soon as you insert the DVD into the player.

DVDSP by default assigns Menu 1 as First Play. If you make no changes, that menu will automatically come up on the screen when the DVD is inserted. If you want something else to come up first - like a video teaser or trailer - you can assign that asset as the First Play.

I'm not sure whether you can have nothing selected on the menu when the menu first appears. You can use the Menu Inspector to specify what appears as the default. Try leaving the default selection as not assigned and see what happens. (I don't have immediate access to DVDSP, so I can't check it to be sure.)

bob rice
frameworx media
February 27, 2007 12:12PM
yes thanx

Even with First play on my menu I still have to press "play"

I am just trying "flag menu" and I'll post back

First play element
February 28, 2007 11:51AM
so here it is

- ctrl or right click on something and "first play it" will make it play first if play is pressed on the remote

- to get it start on it's own when disk is inserted you need to adress it in the right pop up in the general Dvd inspector tab

February 28, 2007 11:55AM
Francois: The reason why you can't have a menu with no button selected (as Flash interactive content does, for example) is because.... DVD content is designed to be used with a remote control, not a mouse. Because of this, freely moving a cursor around the screen is simply not an option. You can only jump from button to button, as if they were stones on a lake smiling smiley BTW, this is also a good reason why, when you're testing your project on Simulator or DVD Player, you should use the cursor keys (or the little Mac remote!) rather than the mouse to test navigation.

If you don't define a button as the default, DVD Studio Pro will pick the first one.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics