How to make DVD go into autoplay if no menu is selected?

Posted by simone 
How to make DVD go into autoplay if no menu is selected?
April 13, 2007 04:44PM
My client wants me to create a DVD with a menu interface, one of the buttons would link to a video. Now she also wants the DVD to go into autoplay if someone sticks it into an older computer. I'm new to the DVD creation thing, so please bear with me.

My questions are
A: Is there really a computer that old, that a menued DVD will somehow not show up or not work? I mean, every computer has a mouse, so once the menu screen pops up, EVERYONE should be able to click on the video button, no?

and B: Is it possible to author the DVD that if no selection is made after lets say 30 sec, it will go play the video track on its own?

Thanks,
Simone
Re: How to make DVD go into autoplay if no menu is selected?
April 16, 2007 04:40PM
Not sure about the age thing, but you can definitely set the disc to automatically start playing back your footage after a period of time.

Click on the menu (which is likely to be your start up item) and check the property inspector. In there you'll see an option ' At end'. Set this to 'timeout' with a duration of '0' or '1' and then use the 'Action' drop down to specify what you want to have happen.

This will play the menu for the default duration and then jump to whatever you specify - a track, script other menu, etc.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics