Matshita UJ-857 Dual/Double layer DVD compatibility

Posted by earenas 
Matshita UJ-857 Dual/Double layer DVD compatibility
November 02, 2006 01:40PM
HI,

I use my macbook pro to burn my single layer DVD-Rs. I gonna be switching to dual/double layer DVDs in the near future. Does anyone know if the Matshita UJ-857 burner is capable of buring dual layer discs? And should I stick with DVD-R or swtch to DVD+R? It's my inderstading the Dual= DVD-R and Double = DVD+R, right?

The Apple DVDSP tech page says it supports double layer discs (DVD+R), but I've been reading conflicting info online. Can anyone shed some light.

Also been reading about a break point when using DL media. Can someone tell if that info is in the huge manual?

THANKS!
Re: Matshita UJ-857 Dual/Double layer DVD compatibility
November 04, 2006 11:02AM
Apple's internal burners are both -R and +R but your delivery playback is important to the choice. Apple was all DVD-R until recently when the started using the double layer moniker which means DVD+R.

I would check on the end user and see if they can utilize +R or need -R.

Either dual layer media is about the same price but you will find more double layer +R media available.
Re: Matshita UJ-857 Dual/Double layer DVD compatibility
July 21, 2007 12:39AM
Mr. Foley, you're actually mistaken. Dual-Layer has nothing to do with DVD+R and DVD-R. Dual layer is how the DVD burner can burn and read information. One layer is burned on the surface and the other is burned on the interior of the dvd, hence dual, or two, layers.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics