Strobing or flickering problem

Posted by John Anderson 
Strobing or flickering problem
July 28, 2007 10:46PM
I am trying to create the best DVD in Studio Pro 3 that I canSince my last post I have exported numerous copies of an animation using every possible compression feature. This is happening out of Final Cut Pro 4.5. I even downloaded Sheer Video compression after reading about it in this forum. They all look great even though Photojpeg seems to beat out the others because it reduces the strobing and flickering in certain parts of the animation drawings. This "strobing" is only on a television and does not appear on a computer or digital projector.
Is there anyone who can suggest how to eliminate this strobing altogether.
This film was created on Flash and is basically all computer generated.
My questions are:
What settings should I use in Final Cut Pro, NTSC , square pixel or custom720x480?
Is there a software compression out there that works better for computer generated imagery?
Should I upgrade to the next DVD Studio Pro?
Anyone working in Flash who outputs to Quicktime will probably know the answer.
I appreciate any suggestions.
John Anderson
Re: Strobing or flickering problem
July 31, 2007 10:25AM
Flickering on a tv and not on a computer monitor suggests a interlace problem.

In final cut in your sequence settings set field dominance to none.

For the export using compressor, set field dominance to none or progressive.

Goodluck and keep us posted
Re: Strobing or flickering problem
August 01, 2007 05:43AM
Since my last e-mail, I tried every possible avenue for exporting and bringing my files into DVDSP in order to burn a quality DVD. I did try using Compressor but for some reason on this project the results were pretty bad.
The solution that works for this project (Made in Flash) was to export as a Quicktime Movie with the compression set at none.
I brought this file into After Effects and applied CCMotion Blur and a little unsharp filter to regain some of my edge sharpness. I exported this into DVDSP and burned the the mpeg2 in Roxio Toast at a slower burn speed.
It was suggested that I use the motion Blur in FCP but I could not get the same results.
I also tried fooling around with the interlacing but again I could not get the same results.
When applying these filters in FCP should I paste them into each clip for consistency or just the problem clips?
Thanks for your response,
John Anderson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics