I need a foolproof pause in my dvd

Posted by Mark M 
I need a foolproof pause in my dvd
January 05, 2008 03:51PM
I tried searching for this answer, and didn't find much, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

I want to build in a couple of forced pauses in my dvd track, and it has to be foolproof.

I tried selecting the chapter marker and selecting indefinite pause, but that didn't seem to do the trick. It worked properly when I played the dvd on my computer, but not on a stand-alone dvd player.

I know I can split my track up into three tracks, and create a new menus at the pause points, but that's probably overdoing it.

Thanks.

--> Mark M
Re: I need a foolproof pause in my dvd
January 09, 2008 09:11AM
Since you are doing navigation thing outside the DVD Spec, you can only count on what works on a Set Top player using a remote to navigate.

You can not set up a script to make an action happen unless there is a scene change in the navigation. Any end jump has to be pointed to somewhere else for the remote navigation to work properly.
Re: I need a foolproof pause in my dvd
January 19, 2008 04:38PM
Can you say more about how you want the pause to appear?Is it simply an unlimited stop waiting for more user action, or is it a specific timed pause at a certain point during playback... ?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics