'talking' menus in DVD Studio Pro

Posted by Richard Frith 
'talking' menus in DVD Studio Pro
March 23, 2008 09:51AM
I have made a DVD with audio description for a partially sighted and blind audience. There are 7 buttons with links to tracks. Since DVDSP cannot attach audio to buttons, but can to menus, I have made 8 menus with audio for each button. Only the 'first play' menu plays automatically; subsequent menus need to be clicked to play the audio which isn't much use if you are blind.

Can you suggest how I can make the audio play automatically for each menu, or is there a better approach?

Thanks
richard@macawmedia.co.uk
Re: 'talking' menus in DVD Studio Pro
April 09, 2008 04:03PM
Yep - good plan... but make every button on menu1 auto-activate to go to their relevant 'audio' version. In the sub menus, set every button that goes back to the main menu, or on to another menu, to auto-activate, but make sure that the button to go to the target track in each case requires click. Remember that you are going to have seven sub menus and only one of the buttons on each will go to the footage, the rest go back to a menu.

In operation there will be some pauses - it won't 'feel' fast and slick, but it will give audio clues to your visually impaired users.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics