Using Sorenson Squeeze with DVDSP (final cut studio)

Posted by charlie909 
Using Sorenson Squeeze with DVDSP (final cut studio)
April 09, 2008 08:30PM
After the compressor started to act funny and not able to compress anything on one of the machine (after many uninstalls and reinstall), bought Squeeze 5 pro. 700+ bucks out of the pocket. One of the main reason was that the client needed to put watermark on the existing mpeg4 and output to mpeg2 for DVD.

Anyways, great video quality, although haven't compare the outcome from compressor and squeeze of the same source. Aside from video quality, integration with FCPS2 is not so pleasant.

Hoping to get some help from you guys who had the experience with FCP w/ Squeeze.

1. is it possible to export from FCP timeline to Squeeze directly? I couldn't find a way to do it, so I export a ref quicktime, and dropped it into squeeze. First the asset based timecode is gone, that gives me the trouble of the already made subtitles. Second, how to import chapter markers?

2. Base on experience, how would you all rate squeeze in comparison to compressor?

3. Video quality-wise, how does squeeze match up? I've heard people said compressor is not good enough for the hollywood standard. Ever heard of cinevision by sonic? It's professional encoding as they claim. What are the other "professional encoders" out there, and how do they compare?

Thanks for all of your in put.

I'll be going to NAB, i'll post my own findings later.
Re: Using Sorenson Squeeze with DVDSP (final cut studio)
April 13, 2008 06:16PM
1. is it possible to export from FCP timeline to Squeeze directly?

No, it is not integrated in FCP workflow.

2. Base on experience, how would you all rate squeeze in comparison to compressor?

I use Squeeze primarily for web video that are not H.264.

3. Video quality-wise, how does squeeze match up? I've heard people said compressor is not good enough for the hollywood standard.

There are different tools for different peoples opinions. Compressor does a fine job of encoding MPEG-2 for DVD's and that is what I use it for. I'm sure a hardware compressor card is better but how much, I am not sure?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics