Video Menu/Button Activation Problem

Posted by oneshotjackpot 
Video Menu/Button Activation Problem
May 08, 2008 07:21PM
Using DVDSP 4.2.1, I am working on a project with a first play movie menu. There are two buttons on this menu, one invisible button (overlaying the title) connected to the main content (track 1), and one visible button connected to a second menu with contact info.

Here's the (strange) problem: in simulation mode, everything works as it should. The buttons react to the pointer as it passes over them, and activate correctly, sending the viewer to the right place. Once the burned DVD is played on either a set-top DVD player or Apple's own DVD player, the buttons will not activate UNTIL the menu's movie loops once. After the menu movie loops, the buttons become active. Even the enter button will not work until the movie loops.

I know this must be something simple, but I cannot figure it out...
Re: Video Menu/Button Activation Problem
May 09, 2008 01:54AM
I wonder if it's related to the problem I worked through. Check your End At and Action fields under the General tab of your Opening menu inspector. Even though you haven't specified a loop for first play there may be one in the End At/Action combo.

- Loren
Today's DVDSP keytip:
Invoke the Simulator anytime with Command-Option-Zero !

The DVD Studio Pro KeyGuide? - on sale alone or bundled in
the Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Available at discount here at the LAFCPUG Store
May 09, 2008 10:39AM
The DVD Specification does not allow for "invisible" buttons since it relies on the remote to make button navigation.

Using a mouse to test the navigation of a new DVD is asking for problems. There is a reason that the Apple DVD Player uses a remote type icon as the mode of navigation. Use it instead of a mouse and you will get a better product.
May 09, 2008 06:45PM
thanks for the responses. good tip regarding the remote icon, and thanks Loren for the suggestion - it led to the fix.

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics