Dual Layer problems

Posted by Travis Sittard 
Dual Layer problems
May 27, 2008 03:31PM
Ok so I've worked my way around the break point issue by re-compressing my files so that they're smaller, and thus DVDSP has more headroom to choose the point. But I'm having a much more serious problem. I'm "building" my disk and testing it and everything seems fine. The simulator works great, even dropping the ts folder on the apple dvd player works great. But when I finish formatting the disk it will not play in any dvd player, computer or set top. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm using DVDSP 4 on either an 2.8 GHz Intel imac running 10.5, or a MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel also running 10.5. My DVDSP project needs 6.2 gigs of space. I've been able to burn -R disks just fine. I've even had success with 2 out of 20 DL+R disks on the imac, I just can't get back there. I've attached pix of a disk that works and a disk that doesn't. They can be seen here.
[gallery.mac.com]
Re: Dual Layer problems
May 28, 2008 11:38AM
Some piece of this is not making sense. It would appear that you are doing everything correctly, but there must be something that you have not mentioned.

You mention re-compressing the assets. Does that mean you started with full rez QT (.mov) movies and turned them back into .m2v files?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics