setting up a track to repeat.

Posted by strypes 
setting up a track to repeat.
May 28, 2008 08:33AM
Alright. I have 4 tracks i need to constantly loop in this order:

A-B-A-C-A-D (repeat)

Anyway i can get that done without importing track A in 3 times? They're on separate tracks, as on of them is a 16:9FHA clip. Stories? Scripts?

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: setting up a track to repeat.
May 28, 2008 08:40AM
Sure. Select Track A and add two Stories. Add the Chapter Entries required so effectively duplicate Track A twice.

You now have Track A, Story A1, Story A2, Track B, Track C & Track D.

Track A End Jumps to Track B.
Track B End Jumps to Story A1.
Story A1 End Jumps to Track C.
Track C End Jumps to Story A2.
Story A2 End Jumps to Track D.
Track D End Jumps to Track A.

So you really have: A-B-A1-C-A2-D (repeat). You could Script it of course but its usually best to not Script unless it's something that really needs Scripting...

Hope that helps, let me know if it doesn't,

Cheers,
June 01, 2008 04:30PM
I agree with Jake - stories will be easiest. To script it would be reasonably easy, with a single script set up as an end jump for every track. The script would simply increment a counter and make a jump based on the counter's value. This would all then be 'hard coded' into the script so that track B ends and goes to A again, etc.

It might look something like this:

Add GPRM 0 , 1
Jump TrackB If (GPRM0 = 1)
Jump TrackA If (GPRM0 = 2)
Jump TrackC If (GPRM0 = 3)
Jump TrackA If (GPRM0 = 4)
Jump TrackD If (GPRM0 = 5)
mov GPRM0, 0 If (GPRM0 > 5)
Jump TrackA

So, when 'A' plays first the GPRM value is zero, at the end the script increments by 1 and the playback goes to 'B'. When this finishes the GPRM increments again and the script sends you back to 'A'... and so on. After they have all played once you simply want to remove any values in GPRM0 and start again, but jumping back to track 'A'.

As I think about it, this is probably even easier than adding stories! I guess it depends on whether you like scripting or not :-)
June 01, 2008 05:04PM
Hey Hal and strypes,

You may or may not want to End Jump to the Script every time. B, C & D can just End Jump to A. You only really need to jump to the script after A has played.

Add GPRM 0 , 1
Jump TrackB If (GPRM0 = 1)
Jump TrackC If (GPRM0 = 2)
mov GPRM0, 0
Jump TrackD

Cheers,
Jake
June 01, 2008 05:11PM
Thanks Jake - yep - that would be even more simple... the less lines the better :-)
June 02, 2008 01:59AM
Cool. I'll try it out when the client gets back with re-approval on the list. smiling smiley thanks a lot!

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics