How to stop disc from spinning after motion menu

Posted by Charles Quinn 
How to stop disc from spinning after motion menu
July 02, 2008 09:21PM
Hi,

Is there a way to stop a DVD from spinning in the tray, after a menu plays for a minute or so?

I am creating a DVD for a kiosk, and the client does not want to wear out the DVD player when it is not in use. So the plan is to have the motion menu play for a minute or so. After a period of inactivity, the disc should stop spinning and the screensaver from the DVD player hardware should just kick in.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!
Re: How to stop disc from spinning after motion menu
July 03, 2008 06:01PM
Whenever the DVD content is playing, the disc will be spinning. I would imagine that since it will be in a Kiosk, it will be playing continually.
July 03, 2008 07:09PM
Thanks for your response!

I was hoping that the motion menu will actually stop playing after a minute -- it will NOT be in a continuous loop.

The client wants the internal screensaver on the DVD player itself to then kick it once the menu stops.
July 03, 2008 08:03PM
Hey Charles,

Set the Timeout of the Menu to a Script with Exit in it. This will put the DVD Player in Stop State. You may want to find a Sony or Toshiba type player and use Jacket Pictures to display graphics instead of the players default screen (when in Stop State) if you have control over where the disc will be played,

Cheers,
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics