Pressing "Menu" While in a Menu

Posted by Jesse Holland 
Pressing "Menu" While in a Menu
August 14, 2008 05:39PM
I can't figure out how to tell DVD Studio Pro to NOT jump to the last played track when you press "Menu" while in the Main Menu (specs say that if you have not yet played the movie that pressing "Menu" while in the Main Menu brings you to the start of the movie). I can figure out how to do the scripting once I figure out this basic point of how to tell it to do anything else while in the Main Menu and pressing Menu besides jumping to the last played track. Is there anyone savvy with DVDSP that can help me with this point?
Re: Pressing "Menu" While in a Menu
August 20, 2008 08:50PM
Pressing Menu in a Menu will take you to the "resume" pointer location, which is the last frame viewed in the Title Domain (a Track or Slideshow).
The only real way to stop this from happening (it's built into the spec) is to disable the Menu Call function(s) in that Menu's UOPs.
Re: Pressing "Menu" While in a Menu
September 23, 2008 05:21PM
It's not behaviour you can alter, but you *might* work around it...

If you create a short track with the graphics for the menu in it, or indeed make a track the menu itself, using buttons over video, then you will have the last track played as the menu track. Being in a menu and pressing the menu button will therefore return you to the menu track - looks identical, and whilst there will be a pause as the player moves from one to the other, it has the effect of not 'going' anywhere.

Set the menu track as the menu call destination for the main movie track, and as the end jump. You could even make this a very short track that times out and goes to a menu, but do be aware that some players pause for quite a while as they move from title set to menu domain, and the viewer will see the pause.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics