slow loading when working with hdv? Normal? 16 gb ram mate.

Posted by chaar 
slow loading when working with hdv? Normal? 16 gb ram mate.
June 07, 2009 10:06AM
Hi guys. I am new to this.

I am working on 150 minutes of high definition footage and am using dvd studio pro to burn my compressor-files into a dvd, and as i cycle through the various menus i notice that it takes about 2-3 seconds for my g5 to load them. Is this normal? I would have thought it would be a much faster response with 16 gb of ram.

Just asking. Is there a way for me to tweak dvd studio pro to maximize performance?

Cheers.
Re: slow loading when working with hdv? Normal? 16 gb ram mate.
July 12, 2009 04:13PM
There are several settings that affect the speed of display when you are inside DVDSP. The one that always gets me is the settings drop down in the menu editor - turn off the 'assign navigation continuously' option. This makes sure that every time you move a button when building a menu that links to all other buttons are created in a logical manner. However, even moving a button slightly results in a delay. It gets progressively worse as you ad more buttons. Turn it off and move them where you want, then remember to assign the navigation 'now' when you are done... if you don't then you won't be able to skip between the buttons when the disc is created.

Also, are you menus made with video assets? Do you have the 'motion' tab checked so that the menus start to 'move' as they appear? This will considerably slow you down, too.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics