DVD Studio Pro alternative...?

Posted by Karl T. Hirsch 
DVD Studio Pro alternative...?
April 28, 2012 08:37PM
Hi Everyone!

Okay, so... DVDSP has been discontinued as we all know. Unfortunately I use it a lot, mainly for the authoring flexibility.

I will often times have 30-40 3-minute pieces on one DVD, with multiple menu pages, an awful lot of scripting, lots of other types of customization, so the DVD's look and design can match what the client might want (as close as possible anyway).

I will certainly be using DVDSP for the rest of the year at least, but I'm pretty sure I will need to start learning a new program.

I have been looking around; it seems like many people are using FCPX, Adobe Encore, and Toast. However, I have also found that these applications do not seem to allow for lots of authoring customization.

I am curious -- might any of you have any other suggestions about an alternate application to DVDSP, which has most or all of the same sort of awesome authoring flexibility? Or maybe there isn't anything else out there for the Mac right now...?

thank you!
Karl
Re: DVD Studio Pro alternative...?
April 29, 2012 09:52AM
Adobe Encore allows for a lot of authoring customization. You can build your menus in Photoshop and round trip it to Encore.
Re: DVD Studio Pro alternative...?
April 30, 2012 12:25AM
Thanks a lot, Russ! Luckily I have Encore, I'll check it out. But I am curious -- DVD Studio Pro has a really great scripting function, I have really come to rely on that. If you know about DVDSP''s scripting abilities... do you know if Encore has similar functions?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics