DVDSP 2 CPU requirements

Posted by mick 
DVDSP 2 CPU requirements
August 08, 2003 07:02AM
Hi All,
My first question of many ! I have been using vs 1.5 on a G4 400MHz and albeit slow, I set it to do final conversion at end of the day and walk away from machine. Apple listed in its' basic requirements 733 MHz machine as minimum CPU that would run 2.0. My question is if I get a CPU upgrade from Sonnet will I still be able to run 2.0 ?

Thank you for starting this forum. I have learned so much about FCP from your group and Ken Stone's site. I'm real excited about possibilities.

mick
Re: DVDSP 2 CPU requirements
August 08, 2003 08:56AM
I suspect that from your comments you already have a Pioneer A04/A05 drive installed in your MAC?
While the Sonnet CPU upgrade is not a bad solution, I would suggest you check out Other World Computing (www.macsales.com) for the GigaDesigns upgrades. They go all the way to 1.2 and 1.4 Ghz and the most expensive is around $550.00. These are only for AGP video card equipt motherboards.
My understanding is that those OWC processor upgrades do not require any additional software which gives me the feeling they would be that much more compatible over a design that requires some sort of enabler.

If additional software is required by the sonnet card, that you might run into an OS specific version issue of their enabler software which could cause you problems in the future. I can't remember where, but a while back I was also considering a processor upgrade and I am certain I read something on OWCs upgrades where they stated no enablers or software of any kind was required. It is certainly worth a telephone call.

I would ask about the return policy and specifically tell them what your intentions are and if they are aware of any known issues with your intended use. The last thing you want to be faced with is some support department that states they were well aware of a problem with you required use and that there will be no support for you because they already claimed they will not work with x or y product.

An ounce of prevention will go a long way.

I would go the OWC route myself, though processor upgrades scare me, if I were to do such a thing, they would be my first choice based on my belief that no additional software is required with their product. Still confirm with them the enabler issue. I would be so specific as to have them repeat that NO SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED.
Re: DVDSP 2 CPU requirements
August 20, 2003 12:53PM
---------------------------------------
owner assign 50 dollars;
customer service-pc maintain
----------------------------------------
Fix digital video, and memory system.
Los Angeles Service, affordable level
Troubleshoot PC computer,
Ten-dollar startup; payable new parts recovery system
repair digital video and
memory system
Sincerely,
Long Ko longko1@lycos.com
Re: spam
August 20, 2003 01:31PM
spam
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics