AAC Audio

Posted by Mitch 
AAC Audio
August 08, 2003 09:11AM
Ussually I use Comoressor to encode the audio as an uncompressed AIFF file, then use APACK to compress the audio once again so that I don't have bit budget problems with the DVD.

But APACK is giving me a ton of OS X Type 1 errors and it takes forever to get around it. So my question is - Can I use Compressor to encode the audio as an ACC file instead? Will that work for a DVD?

Thanks for any feedback.

Mitch
Re: AAC Audio
August 08, 2003 09:48AM

APACK is giving me a ton of OS X Type 1 errors and it takes forever to get around it. So my question is - Can I use Compressor to encode the audio as an ACC file instead? Will that work for a DVD?

Only A.Pack will encode AC3, I am assuming you meant AC3, not ACC. In DVD Studio Pro 1.5 you will need to use either AIF or AC3. You shouldn't even see the opportunity to import any other format for audio. In compressor, you wont find an AC3 encoder. (If you do, please let me know!!)

If you meant AAC, that is part of MPEG-4 and will not work either. No MP4 file will import.
August 08, 2003 10:13AM
Yes, I meant AAC and having just tested it out, you are very much correct - AAC is part of MPEG-4 and that will not import into DVDSP!

Drag. Looks like I have to wrestle with APACK.
August 08, 2003 01:54PM
Mitch,

I just got on board with APack a few months ago and it's not hard at all. The bugger is on my G4, Dual 1Gig, 1.5G Ram, it still just takes a while to convert from aif to ac3. Sound quality's awesome, though and creating surround sound is a snap.

- Steve
August 09, 2003 08:12AM
Yes, APACK is really useful and easy to use, but the OS X Type 1 errors turn a simple procedure into a headache.

Typically I have to run APACK about 6 times before it finally completes the task. Really a drag.
August 09, 2003 10:43AM
We are getting a new version of A-Pack in DVDSP 2. Hopefully it will be even better.
FWIW - I just started using A-Pack and it did die once with a Type 1 error when compressing two rather large audio files. Not good. I guess not many have been using it yet or what?
August 13, 2003 08:04PM
I have never had a failure with Apack. Type 1 errors are Mac errors aren't they?
August 13, 2003 08:16PM
You do mix down the audio before you export the .wav file, right? a .wav file is easier on Apack than .aiff
August 20, 2003 12:53PM
---------------------------------------
owner assign 50 dollars;
customer service-pc maintain
----------------------------------------
Fix digital video, and memory system.
Los Angeles Service, affordable level
Troubleshoot PC computer,
Ten-dollar startup; payable new parts recovery system
repair digital video and
memory system
Sincerely,
Long Ko longko1@lycos.com
spam
August 20, 2003 01:29PM
spam
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics