Preview Mode

Posted by Michael Monteleone 
Preview Mode
August 08, 2003 12:10PM
Hi,

All praise to Michael Horton for starting this phorum!! I have a G4, dual 533, with 1.5 gigs of built-in memory and an AGP video card (NVDA, NVMac - GeForce2 MX) - I'm using DVDSP 1.5. I recently installed an internal Pioneer DWV-RW DVR-105 thinking that I would be able to utilize the preview function of SP 1.5 but it still won't do a preview. Every time I click on the Preview button I get an alert stating that

"Previewing has failed. This may have occured because there is not enough memory or no compatible DVD-Video decoding hardware is available."

Can anyone help with this situtation?

Thanks,

Michael Monteleone
Re: Preview Mode
August 08, 2003 12:36PM
Ok I recently had to do this on a 733 quicksilver. First off what OS are you running? I was in 10.2.6 and i istalled a pioneer a05. The G4 saw it no problem, but apple dvd player would not work nor would DVDSP preview. I researched and found an article on how to load the DVD components from the Jaguar instal disc and everything works perfect now. I have the info on the FCP forum i will try to find and post back.
August 08, 2003 12:39PM
Here is the thread link.
[www.lafcpug.org]
/jason/
August 08, 2003 12:47PM
Hi, Jason,

Sorry about not providing the OS - I'm running 9.2.2. I guess it's time to got to OS X but I'm a little wary reading about all the troubles people seem to have with OS X. I'll check out the link your provided.

thanks very much,

Michael
August 08, 2003 12:57PM
No problem my solution was based in X. Does the apple dvd player work with teh drive?
/jason/
August 08, 2003 01:05PM
Jason,

I just tried opening DVD Player and got this message:

"The application "Apple DVD Player" could not be opened because "DVDRuntimeLib" could not be found."

michael
August 08, 2003 01:07PM
Are all of the dvd compenets in your control panel/extensions manager?
August 08, 2003 01:12PM
You should be able to find a way here:
[forums.xlr8yourmac.com]
/jason/
August 08, 2003 01:14PM
I'm not sure what extensions need to be there - I looked in the control panel/externsions manager and only found 1 item that mentions DVD - that extension is titled: Apple CD/DVD Driver - the check box to the left is checked - under the package column it says "Mac OS 9.2.1"

thanks, Jason!

michael
August 08, 2003 01:17PM
Ok have you even put in a data dvd or a blank data dvd to see if it mounts or asks you to initialize? Also have you s ay 9.2.1 have you tried to do a software update to see if any update slisted pertain to teh Superdrive?
/jason/
August 08, 2003 01:22PM
The Pioneer drive works great - I've been burning DVDs for a couple of weeks. I just can't use the Preview function in DVD SP 1.5.1 - I'm not sure I understand your second question. Sorry, for my lack of technical knowledge.

michael
August 08, 2003 01:27PM
sorry typing too fast. Have you tried to use Software Update? 9.2.1 is not the most current OS9 version I believe its at 9.2.2. So if you update to 9.2.2 maybe that will bring the functionality to it.
/jason/
August 08, 2003 01:29PM
ignore that post i see your at 9.2.2
August 19, 2003 03:37AM
Michael,

Not sure if you got this solved... But, I'm assuming that you didn't have a DVD-ROM drive installed in your G4 originally. DVDSP's Preview function requires the Apple DVD player application to work correctly. And since you most likely didn't have a DVD-ROM drive, the DVD player software wasn't installed (or installed correctly).

You will need to install the DVD player software from your OS discs, or possibly the OS update. I thnk you can even download it as well. I think there's an update on the DVDSP install disc as well.

-erik
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics