audio sync

Posted by david 
audio sync
August 15, 2003 04:10PM
Thanks for the help !! I just edited a wedding in FCP4 and compressed it with the new Compressor to use in DVDSP. It seemed to work well but the Markers did not go with it to DVDSP. I added the many markers I needed while in DVSP. The problem is when I assign a button to a marker it goes to it and plays well but the audio that is playing with that part of the movie is off by quite a bit. When I play the movie by itself in Preview Mode the audio is synced up well. Can anyone explain this or more so how to fix it?
When making the movie I had a lot trouble keeping the audio synced with the video when coming from my XL1s. Any suggestions on this as well?
Thanks again David
Re: audio sync
August 15, 2003 04:30PM

I just edited a wedding in FCP4 and compressed it with the new Compressor to use in DVDSP. It seemed to work well but the Markers did not go with it to DVDSP.

Do not use compressor when creating an MPEG output for DVD Studio Pro 1.5.2. It is more designed for 2.0 which should hit in just a few more days so this all somewhat about to change. If you want to get those chapter markers out today and use them with 1.5, then you should export to QuickTime Conversion. Select MPEG2 from there and those chapter markers will showup in DVDSP 1.5 same as they did before. You are simply using the same method you used to use prior to FCP4 / Compressor.

Once DVDSP2.0 lands, compressor should interact with 2.0's method of seeing those chapter menus. Of course, we'll all have to wait on that. Get those pre-orders in!

As for the camera issue, there uses to be a sync adjust for that camera, but I thought 4 would have taken care of that. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that specific issue.
Re: audio sync
August 16, 2003 03:39PM
You still need to capture media from an XL1 using FW BASIC as your protocol in FCP 4. However there are still reports of sync problems with this camera.

mike
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics