compatibilty problem with studio pro/g4 dvd's

Posted by joshua 
Most of the dvd's i have burned with my g4/dvd studio pro don't work with most dvd players.. i burn using toast, used verbatim, maxell, apple discs.. do you have any recommendation as to what i should do to fix this problem..

i was told that i need a stand-alone system like the pioneer prv 9000 to burn dvd's. i was also told to get a stand-alone burner that can burn to plus R dvd's..

what can you say about these.. i appreciate any recommendations..
i burn using toast,

Do I understand that you are using Toast to copy the DVD's once created by DVDSP?

There is information at the Apple site for which DVD players will use their media burned with DVDSP. It would indicate that most all DVD players built within the last 3 years work with DVD-R media but DVD+R has only been around for the last 18 months so only the really new players support + or both -and+ media.

Since the standalone DVD burners have only been out for a year or so and DVD production has been in full swing for several, there must be other answers besides those you have been given.

Answers that I don't have but there are other resources on DVD authoring at www.creativecow.com and links to others on the Apple web site.
Very confusing question.

Why on earth are you using Toast? You should be able to create a DVD using standard Apple DVD-R dvds provided by Apple. Use Build and Format once you have completed previewing your project within the DVD Studio Pro application.

Please explain why you are using Toast at all...
I don't know why or how he's using toast, but after I create the Video_TS file in DVDSP and burn my first copy, I use Toast to copy the rest. Just select DVD as an option in toast, then drag the Audio_TS & Video_TS files in and record away. It's easier and faster than having DVDSP re-multiplex and burn copy #2.
Why don't you get DVDSP to make an image file and use disc copy to burn multiple copies? I use this technique and it works well.

Also, if you've made a DVD yourself and need to copy it, use disc copy to make an image from device, select your inserted DVD, and then use the image to make as many new copies as you need.

Graeme
I have done this as well. On the Mac, you can mount that image and use the built in DVD player to play it.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics