preview and audio sync

Posted by Bjorn Thoresen 
preview and audio sync
August 18, 2003 03:16AM
I never had a problem with out of sync audio when previewing a disc in DVDSP unless there were multiple angles.

The last two projects I have worked on have shown extreme sync issues in preview, but not, it seems, in the final multiplexed video ts file.

Any ideas? It's very distracting to have the audio so out of sync in preview, even if the disc is okay in the end.
Re: preview and audio sync
August 18, 2003 07:54AM
Bjorn,

I'm not sure what the fix is, but this has happened to me a couple of times. I usually restart my PowerMac and the problem goes away. Kind of a pain, but it has worked.
August 18, 2003 09:57AM
This may not be the answer to your sync drift but you should know that the preview is always a little buggy. For example, it will show the highlighted state but not a selected state on your menu overlay, while going through it. Before you go too far changing things based on the preview, try building the project to your hard drive (Build Disc, not Build and Format Disc). Then you can then view it using the DVD player in your computer. This is a better representation of what you have created and you don't create a $5.00 coasters in the process.

Kevin Carr
August 19, 2003 11:42AM
<<try building the project to your hard drive (Build Disc, not Build and Format Disc). Then you can then view it using the DVD player in your computer>>

That is very good advise. I hope we can develop a list of tips and tricks for DVDSP on this site. That would be one of them.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics