dvd-rw media

Posted by Sean 
dvd-rw media
August 19, 2003 02:19PM
Hi All
Am new to dvd creation. Am I right in assuming that if I burn a dvd on a verbatum dvd-rw as a test, I can erase this disc and re-use for the 'real thing' later. Am doing a project on fcp3 but just wanted to test dvd capabilities by burning a sequesnce first to check quality etc.
thanks
Re: dvd-rw media
August 19, 2003 02:53PM
Look below at the preview and audio sync post.

It has a very good idea about checking out operations of the DVD using the Apple DVD player.

Toast will burn a DVD-RW but DVDSP won't accept one unless you trick it.
August 19, 2003 03:08PM
Thanks for the post John, but yes, my project works fine in Apple DVDplayer, but in theory, can this be done? (erasing the media one written and re-using the dvdrw disc?)....also, how the heck do I 'trick dvdsp into recording to this media? thanks
August 19, 2003 07:42PM
I trick DVD Sp to burn to an RW by getting it to write an image to disc, then use Disc Copy to burn that image. It works very well for me.
August 21, 2003 02:16AM
If you have Roxio Toast you can do exactly what you propose - re-use a DVD-RW over and over. I don't know if there's a way to erase a DVD-RW without Toast.
August 21, 2003 05:32AM
Both disk Copy and Disk Utilitie will erase a DVD-RW.

Graeme
August 21, 2003 05:48AM
thank you both, I will do a few tests today. cheers
August 21, 2003 03:08PM
Ok guys.
tried all of this..but.....
tested in Apple Dvd player and all worked fine. Tried to burn to a dvd-rw and kept getting error. I presume it is due to the media (dvd-rw) Funny enough I could not erase anything from the dvd-rw as well. Should I be using dvd-r media instead? According to Apple office where I am. dvd-rw can cause hassles. I just want to get this all sorted, then I know in which direction to go and put my fcp media on dvd. If it takes dvd-r media only, then fine, I will get a few, but dont want to go on burning coasters. Thanks for your help.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics