Audio gap at beginning of 1st track

Posted by Jim Perry 
I've had this problem now a couple of times: the audio is absent for the first few seconds of the first video track, then kicks in in-sync. There is no audio track on the main menu, so this would be the first audio on the DVD. If I go to a different track, or back to the menu, then come back to track 1 the audio plays fine. I'm using AIFF audio.

I believe the last time I had this problem I converted the audio to AC3 and it went away, but I'd like to know what's going on. Any ideas?
Jim,
Don't use uncompressed audio files, such as AIFF. Convert the audio using A.pack to AC3. Set the bitrate to 192 kbps and you may have better luck.

Kevin Carr
Well this is interesting. Converted all the audio to AC3 and the problem is WORSE! Now there is a variable gap at the beginning of each track. The gap ranges from a fraction of a second to a few seconds, and varies even with repeat plays of the same track.

I suspect the problem is an incompatibility between my player and the DVD-RW media. I'll experiment and report the results for posterity's sake.

Anyone else deal with this?
<<I suspect the problem is an incompatibility between my player and the DVD-RW media>>

You can not use DVD-RW media with any players. It is not included in the DVD spec.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics