dVD Titles/Burn Ins

Posted by JPH 
JPH
dVD Titles/Burn Ins
August 20, 2003 11:32AM
looking for some help,

I am looking to generate titles in DVD Studio Pro...is there a way to generate subtitles that will always appear...in other words, when the disc starts, the subtitles are there and they never go away...anyone know much about the subtitle editor?..

my company wants to put out DVDs with "property of..." stamped on every image...i don't want to do this in FCP because of the obvious render time for titles...

any advice would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

jph

Reply To This Message
Re: dVD Titles/Burn Ins
August 20, 2003 01:00PM
I think this came up before. I have played around with a few ideas and I think I have a solid solution for you to try.

Just run a short 5 minute burn of this before you create a 2 hour masterpiece. It should work for you though.

What I did in my own test (without burning and actual DVD) is create a PICT overlay using a greyscale text and graphic.

On the actual clip of the footage you are showing on the DVD, I added an overlay picture, which is that grey scale map. Basically a white background and black graphic, solid black. I then add a button, but do not need to actually program it at all. Just leave a blank button created on the footage. Set the normal button highlight to 100% and that should light up the PICT overlay.

Make sense?

It is just like making a PICT based menu, except I am tricking it. It has no button to press, though there is a button and there is no highlight state. Just the use of a normal state, which is on 100%.

If you a need a phone call walk through, send me an email message and we can arrange a time when you can call me and I can walk you through this.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics