Building Disk/Bit rate to high

Posted by Marten 
Building Disk/Bit rate to high
August 23, 2003 02:51PM
Eporting final project with FCP4 using Compressor w/preset 60 minute high quality mpeg2. Choosing option for "all" video/audio no problem.

I set up to build video form DVD Studio Pro 1.5.2. Choose build disk. Start the process. It gets half way thru then gives me an error message of Bit Rate Too High. The bit rate was set @ 7.00 minimum @ 8.00 maximum and the piece is only 60 minutes

When I try to build disk without the audio file it builds no problem. When I add the audio file it stops half way thru with that error message "Bit Rate is Too High error 30028

I could really use some help!!!!

Marten
TD
Re: Building Disk/Bit rate to high
August 23, 2003 03:12PM
Marten,

I had the same problem on a 45 min project. When I exported it to MPEG-2 from FCP 3, I set the bit rate at 8. To fix it, I re-exported from FCP at 7.4 bit rate. Had no problems since then.

I hope that this helps.

TD
Marten,

To use DVD on a set top player, you should only use bit rates of 4.5 - 5.0 Mbps. The set top players can not decode the higher data rates.
I used 4.5Mbps for a 55 minute video with AC3 audio and it just fit in the 4.37 Gig space. As a matter of fact, the Photoshop layers for my two menus were too large so I had to flatten everything except the "selected" and "activated" photoshop buttones to make it fit.

John
Sure set top DVD players can decode high data rates. The max data rate for DVD is 9.8 (including audio). Some set top DVD players will tell you the bit rate of the section you're playing, and you can watch it go up and down as the scenes change in complexity. I've played discs which fully max out the capabilities of DVD by hitting >9mbits/sec and play just fine. I regularly encode short DVDs at 8 and have never had a playback problem.

If you're encoding from a video source at <5mbits/sec, the chances are that it's going to start to show some artifacting - going below 3 will almost guarantee it. You have slightly more latitude with a pristine film source because the black bars from the widescreen don't take up many bits, and the 24fps helps too.

Graeme
August 24, 2003 07:44AM
If you recompress your audio with the APACK utility that came with DVDSP, that will solve the problem.
August 24, 2003 12:49PM
Hi Guys,
I narrowed it down to A Pack. When I set it up to decode a AIFF file DVDSP quit before it's finished(Which I didn't see it doing because I stepped away from the computer) without any error message or anything. When I try to re-encode the same file a second time it will go all the way thru the process, and the Build Disk function finishes without any problems

I noticed that the icon of the AIFF output file after it quit only had a speaker in the icon not the output pattern which is 3/2 + LFE. So I guess that type of file is corrupted. I can't figure out why A Pack quits.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics