Power calibration area error

Posted by john merkel 
Power calibration area error
August 19, 2004 07:05PM
hi. i'm trying to burn a quicktime video on dvdstudio pro 3, and i get this error message (The recording device reported the media error: Power calibration area error. (0x73, 0x03.) about a minute into the start of the burn sequence. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also if there's any easy guide to making a 'single track, auto start' dvd from a final cut pro clip, i'd love to know about it.

regards, john.
Bob
Re: Power calibration area error
August 27, 2004 08:42PM
>>>>i'm trying to burn a quicktime video on dvdstudio pro 3, and i get this error message (The recording device reported the media error: Power calibration area error. (0x73, 0x03.) about a minute into the start of the burn sequence. any help would be greatly appreciated.<<<<<

I too have the same problem. However I've also upgraded my Pioneer 107 to FW 1.31 per OWC tip. I'd like to format/burn with DVDSP3 must now resort to Toast 6.0.7 which seems to work ok. Any suggestions on how to make DVDSP3 work?

Bob
Well guys, here 6 weeks later I just came across your posting. I get the exact same message when trying to format a project. However, it doesn't happen when I use the Apple branded 4x DVD-R disc's.

I just purchased a batch of Ridata G04 4x's and it seems that I can't use em.
I'm trying to make a copy now to the Ridata's using Toast.
As I say, I was able to burn a master using the Apple stock.
Re: Power calibration area error
October 20, 2004 07:12AM
i'm trying to burn a cd rw fujitsu siemens model cdd6611/36 about a minute into the start of the burn sequence,and i get this error message Power calibration area error. (0x73, 0x03.)please help me for any suggestions on how to make the Rw to work?
two things I know to try.

1- different media (different brand)
2- go to drive manufacturers website and check for firmware updates for your burner.

I know, this sucks. I just bought a 50 pack of coasters.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics