Video File Read Error

Posted by af 
af
Video File Read Error
June 04, 2005 02:21AM
When I click Build and Burn the Log shows a Video File Read Error and cancels.

What does this mean? It's not anywhere in the Help.

Thanks.
Re: Video File Read Error
June 04, 2005 09:43AM
I am just guessing that the log file means what it says.

Video File read error. Again, just guessing that it could not find that video file?
af
June 04, 2005 04:13PM
I guess so. But the mpeg2 that came through Compressor plays fine through simulate. I'm sure it's some sort of general message they expect you to guess at. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks.
June 07, 2005 05:12AM
Delete the PAR files for that asset. DVDSP will re-parse the file when you next open the project and it should solve the problem. This isn't necessarily a problem with the actual asset, but more with DVDSP reading the parse info for it.
June 28, 2005 04:15PM
This is not working. Mine, too, simulates fine but brings up the error when building even after the PAR folder is deleted and the app is relaunched.
June 29, 2005 11:35AM
Ronny - does QT play the file OK?
June 29, 2005 09:35PM
Yes, the QT file plays fine. I found a way around this. Before, I was exporting from FCP into Compressor. It finally worked after I launched Compressor separately and encoded from there. Seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but it did. Also, I noticed that even when I had my 3 minute project rendered in FCP, when I went to export with Compressor, it rerendered the whole thing while encoding. My 3 minute project was taking 6 hours to export! Saving as a Quicktime Movie and the importing into Compressor only took about 10 minutes. Point being...don't export into compressor if your project is heavy with effects! Instead, export as a lossless QT movie and import that QT movie into Compressor outside of FCP to save huge amounts of render time.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics