Could you please check my DVD recipe?

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
Could you please check my DVD recipe?
September 05, 2005 10:17AM
Alright, first atempt at burning a DVD with FCP and DVD Studio Pro.

I've done some reading, and I think I got a pretty good grasp on how it works. I just wanted to check to avoid any longer exports and such than necessary.

So, I'm going create a quick time of my sequence (uncompressed 10-bit NTSC 48 KHz) "Make movie self-contained" is checked.

Then I'm going to import this into Compressor and use the settings:

DVD: Best quality 90 minutes - 4:3 and then "all"

Priority: High

Then all I do is import this file into DVD Studio Pro and link it to all my menus and such, right?

If you have any thoughts or even a proven method that's given you clean DVDs with no artifacts, please post.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: Could you please check my DVD recipe?
September 05, 2005 12:42PM
Bump...Anyone?

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
September 05, 2005 03:23PM
That seems about right. The only additional thing to think about is to convert the audio to AC3 (Dolby Digital) using Compressor. This will save you sapce on the disc, allowing you to use a higher bitrate for the video of necessary, and also lower the throughput in terms of bandwidth.

When you have the assets in DVDSP drag them to a track, then set up any chapter markers (if you haven't done this already in FCP). You are then ready to create the menus and there are several ways to do this - you'll need to read up on each to see which is best for you. One quick way is to drag the track icon from the outline view into a menu and use the options when you hold it there for a second. Alternatively, you can create your own graphics as you need.
September 05, 2005 04:57PM
Thank you so much for responding.

Convert to dolby digital? Hmmm, I'm not to worried about using up all my disc space, I've got 400GB and the project is only about 45min.

I've already created all the menus, graphics ect. All I need to do is drop in the sequences and link them to the buttons.
Thanks again.

Hal is not talking about saving space on your hard drive. He's talking about saving space on the DVD you burn.
September 05, 2005 11:18PM
oh, duh.

By the way, I ended up just using the "export using Compressor" feature. Seems to work.

I tired making a self contained, uncompressed quick time movie, but when I tried to import it into comp. it gave me some kind of error message, don't remember what it was.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics