One simple Compressor question

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
One simple Compressor question
September 06, 2005 09:01AM
Alright, finally I was able to get my sequence into compressor (it took all night to encode).

Where did the file go? On the first sequence I encoded, I didn't set the destination, so it remained as "source".

What does this mean and where did it store the file?

I feel like this question has a really obvious answer.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: One simple Compressor question
September 06, 2005 10:59AM
Mr. Malcom, your file could be anywhere. You can start by looking in the root of your hard drive. That's where mine seem to end up when I forget to set the destination.

As an alternative, do a Find for your file either by file name (if you can remember what Compressor turned it into), or search by date.
September 06, 2005 07:56PM
Thanks, that's what I figured. I'll check the root and search by date.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
September 06, 2005 10:57PM
Confirmation: it was indeed in the root drive. Thanks again Mr. Rice.

September 08, 2005 05:02PM
Well, I was able to burn a beautiful DVD, no arrtifacts.

Process:
Used "export using Compressor" and exported directly from the timeline into compressor.

Then selected mpeg 2 for the video, and AIFF for the audio. Encoded, imported to DVDSP and burnt.

Thanks again for all the help.

September 09, 2005 01:25PM
Good to know you got a result, well done.

FYI, the 'Source' setting in the destination *should* put the compressed output file in the same directory as the 'source' file that you are feeding in to Compressor. Is this what you found to be the case?
September 12, 2005 10:19PM
Sorry, haven't looked at this thread in a long time (thought it was dead) Not sure about where the file was. A friend of mine found it.

I bet your right though, thanks.

Simula eustis et peccator
September 12, 2005 10:24PM
woops, posted under friends name.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics