Language Codes

Posted by Rob 
Rob
Language Codes
October 16, 2005 12:57AM
I have upgraded to StudioPro 4. I am trying to burn a DVD from a Studio Pro 3 project. Formating fails with the message: "language codes for English and English-2 must differ."

I have tried making sure that all language pulldowns are set to English.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Rob

Re: Language Codes
October 16, 2005 11:52AM
Have a look in your project layout window - outline view. You will see a list of folders there for menus, tracks, scripts and languages. In there will be two entries, probably called English and English - 2. When you click on each and look in the property inspector the only thing you see is the language specification drop down box...

Are you *sure* you need two languages set up for this disc? If not, delete one of them from the outline view. If you definitely know that you do need two languages then you have to change the language codes for each language.

Setting different languages up on a disc is not the same as using different language subtitles or audio - this can be done from within a single language. In this case the language setting is a way to match the menu backgrounds, etc according to the set top player's default language setting. When the disc plays it first looks to see what language it needs to display and then matches that from one of up to 16 that you can add to your project. If there is only one language then the disc will play in just that language regardless.

When authoring for different languages like this you only have to define different menu backgrounds and overlays, not create separate menus altogether. You can also assign different text to appear on buttons - in this way you actually only create a single menu but then add in other parts which the player will substitute according to the language setting.
Rob
October 16, 2005 12:49PM
Hal thank you very much. You solved my problem and your explanation was terrific. Thanks again, I so appreciate your help.

Rob
Ryan
November 22, 2005 04:57AM
Wow, you helped me out also, thank alot!!!
Morgan
November 26, 2005 12:23PM
Me too - THANKS!
December 01, 2005 06:47PM
Hey Hal - me too...
Thanks dude that is just so helpfulsmiling smiley
December 02, 2005 01:39PM
Glad to have helped :-)
JRA
December 20, 2010 06:31PM
Just had to say "thank you" also - had the same problem & the solution you posted fixed it immediately.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics