Really strange behavior

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
Really strange behavior
November 18, 2005 11:24AM
System: G5 dual 2.8, 4GB of RAM, 800GB hard drive, Mac osx X.

I've had DVDSP for a couple months now and it's worked great until this morning. I'm just trying to build and burn a simple DVD using one of the given templates with 3 buttons. Any time I add a track, drop in a clip, adjust the menu, or do any simple task; I get the spinning beach ball of death and have to "force quit". This has never happened to me before, no other apps are open.

I finally got fed up with it and tried burning the DVD as is. It started muxing and then (after about two hours) stopped progress at 43%. It wouldn't let me cancel, force quit, or anything. I eventually had to manually power off the computrer. Anyway, like I said, I've never had this proplem with DVDSP. It dosn't do this is FCP or photoshop either, just DVDSP.

Any ideas are appreciated.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: Really strange behavior
November 23, 2005 11:29AM
Try trashing your preferences in DVD Studio Pro. Go to your Main HDD>Library>Preferences>Look for the Preference labeled "com.apple.RegDVDStudioPro.plist". Dispose in the trash and empty.
Then go to Users in your Main HDD. Users>(Look for the little treehouse, might have your name or something designated to this link)>Library>Preferences> {Then look for the preference labeled} "com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist". Delete these items in the trash.
Restart your computer and go through the same process of burning and encoding as you normally would.

Sometimes trashing the preferences is what you need to do. If this doesn't work. I'd suggest reinstalling your version of DVD SP.

Which version are you using?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics