Changing Subtitle Font

Posted by MikeDerk 
Changing Subtitle Font
May 02, 2006 01:34PM
I have already laid in my subtitles. But, now I want to change the font -- is there a way to do this without going to each individual subtitle and changing it?

Also, I'd like to export the subtitles (into a text file?) so I can get the timecodes, now that it's been adjusted and whatnot. Is there a way to do this? The earlier poster didn't receive an answer.

Thanks,

Mike
Re: Changing Subtitle Font
May 02, 2006 08:31PM
Okay, I've managed to change everything except the font -- the position, the density, etc, are easy to change and then there is an "apply to stream" button.

Fonts appear to be a different animal. I've tried to do what the book says to do, but nothing is happening.

Any suggestions?
May 04, 2006 07:56AM
Mike, select one of the subtitles, then select the actual text in that subtitle. Change it to the desired font. Keep all that text selected. Now, when you click on "apply to stream", it should change the font throughout.

Should.

bob rice
frameworx media
May 04, 2006 03:42PM
Bob,

There is no "apply to stream" button in the font window. The other "apply to stream" buttons seem to be next to the parameter being changed.

Additionally, I could never get even one subtitle to change fonts! I'd select the text, open the font window, change the font and then... nothing. Hitting enter would do nothing, or, if I still had the text "selected" it would delete the text -- just like selecting text and entering any character would do.

I must be missing something.

Ultimately, I had to reimport the subtitles and change the font in the text document itself.

Mike
May 04, 2006 04:27PM
Mike, when I need to make changes to the size and/or font in subtitles, I highlight the text in one of the subtitles. Using the text tool, I assign the desired size and font. For me, this has always been successful. (Admittedly, I sometimes need to do this more than once to get the change to stick.)

Here's where my prior suggestion was incomplete. With the subtitle still highlighted, select "apply to stream" in the formatting section under the General tab on the subtitle inspector. That should apply your formatting changes (including font and size) to the entire subtitle track.

If your font and size are not changing for you at all, as you mentioned, that suggests something else going on. Without seeing it in action, I don't think I can add much more that will help. Perhaps someone else reading this can fill in the gaps I left.

Hope that helps.

bob rice
frameworx media
May 05, 2006 11:43AM
That does help -- I'll give it a shot.

As for something else going on, I trashed my preferences, and it didn't make any difference.

Thanks!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics