Chapters

Posted by Robert 
Chapters
May 27, 2006 08:07AM
Hello All!

I am using dvd studio pro 3 for the first time. Please pardon these naive questions.

1. I just read Ken Stone´s very good article about making chapter markers in fcp and exporting these to quicktime. These chapter markers can then be used in dvd sp. But into DVD SP I thought I have to use mpeg2. I HAVE TO MAKE AN MPEG2 FROM THE QUICKTIME DONT I? HOW DO THE CHAPTER MARKERS GET INTO THE MPEG2?

2. How do I make a menu in dvd sp showing my chapters?

I know this is easy for you guys but it has been driving me crazy trying to figure this all out!

Thanks in advance for any help on 1 or 2!

Best regards,
Robert

robert
robertohp2001@yahoo.com
Re: Chapters
May 27, 2006 03:44PM
Hi Robert - it all depends on how you encode it... If you export from FCP using Compressor then you can ask that the meta data for the chapters gets encoded as well. DVDSP will read this data and use it to create the chapters when you import it and drop it into the DVDSP timeline.

As for making the chapter menu, there are lots of different ways. One quick way is to drag the track icon from the outline view into a menu and hold it long enough for the contextual options to appear - select the one to make a chapter menu and connect the buttons to the track.

You could, of course, do it all manually... :-)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics