director's commentary

Posted by jen 
jen
director's commentary
August 22, 2006 04:37PM
I have a commentary on audio track #2 and a button that plays it on the extras page. 2 questions-
1-How do I keep the audio on track #1 (actual movie sound) faint in the background? (not completely silent)
2- What's the most efficient way to make the audio default to the audio without the commentary if the user jumps back to main menu, or when the film plays till the end. (It then remains on audio #2- the commentary- even if I go back to the main menu and select the original "play movie" button.
thank you
Re: director's commentary
August 22, 2006 05:02PM
Hey, jen.

1) Common question, if it makes you feel better. Common answer then: That's not how it works. When a DVD has a Director's commentary is not like that track is played back with the original soundrtrack in the background. You basically have to make two complete audio mixes. The original mix and a new full mix with the Director's commentary in it, with audio fades and all. THAT's what you use in track #2 (in this case, of course!)

2) There's no reason why it will play back with audio #2 unless the viewer chose that in the extra menu you made. If you force it to audio #1 in the track (which you of course you can), audio #2 will not work when the viewer wants it. One thing that may help, though - you could label audio track #2 as some bizarre language. Why? Because if it's labeled as English, Spanish, German or such a language, there is a chance that the viewers sets his DVD player to choose his prefered language. And if that language is the same as the label for audio #2, it will play that.

Hope this helps.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics