menu button

Posted by jen 
jen
menu button
August 22, 2006 04:38PM
If I play a track and then press "menu" button, it returns to previous menu like it should. Then, if I press "menu" again, it plays the track at the place where it left off again. I don't want this.
I want the menu button to take us from the track to the previous menu. Then from the previous menu back to the main menu, then stay on the main menu if it's pressed there (don't start playing the last track again).

What is the problem?

Thank you
Re: menu button
August 22, 2006 04:45PM
The problem is that what you want is different to the convention on most other DVDs. How could DVD Studio Pro guess that you want the remote to behave in an unconventional way?
Usually Menu means go to previous menu and return from that. And the Title button on the remote means go the root or main menu. How about just placing buttons for previous or main in each menu?
Anyway, you can make it work like you want to, by going to each track and menu, and set in each element's Inspector where the Menu button should go in each case. Be aware that you're going to confuse a lot of people with that.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
jen
August 22, 2006 06:39PM
Thank you!! This simplifies everything, I really appreciate it.

I just want to make one thing clear. You said that the menu button- if pressed while on ANY menu (chapter, main, feature, etc) is suppose to automatically start playing the last track played? Even if it doesn't pertain to that menu? I've never noticed that on DVDs before, but if that's how it works, I'll stop obsessing over it. Thanks again!
August 22, 2006 08:43PM
Yes, Jen. In the case you discribe, it may be a good idea to disable the Menu Button (but not Title) for each submenu. In case it helps, to do that you select a menu, go to the Inspector and disable the Menu button in the Advanced tab. I wouldn't disable it for the video tracks.
All the best.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics