remembering quiz

Posted by martinp 
remembering quiz
August 28, 2006 05:42AM
I've produced a quiz dvd and there are 12 questions on it.

Each question is displayed and the user simply selects an answer.

If correct answers = 12 then they WIN.....if not they can try the quiz again.

Does anyone know if DVD Studio Pro 3 has the option to remember the number of correct answers and display that amount??

eg: "...You have X correct and X incorrect.."

Thanks
Re: remembering quiz
August 28, 2006 11:30AM
It doesn't have to remember.
You have to create "variables", or use two GPRMs in the DVD speak.
One could be called "right" and the other one "wrong".
After each question, you increment the value of "Right" or "Wrong".
BUT.... DVDs don't have a way to dinamically put the value of a GPRMs on screen. So, unfortunately, you would have to have pre-made slides with all possible results. With 12 slides, you could cover all: :"You have 7 answers right and 5 wrong".
So, now that I think of it , you only need one GPRM: "Right", because "wrong" are just the ones which are not right smiling smiley
Hope this help.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
August 29, 2006 10:56AM
Adolfo,
I've used two scripts, one that automatically increments by one to move to the next question - and one that adds one to the script as a score.

Its the scripting part thats troubling me!

eg:

If GPRM 3 = 1 then goto screen 1
If GPRM 3 = 2 then goto screen 2
If GPRM 3 = 3 then goto screen 3
etc..

GPRM 3 is the score script and it adds 1 to GPRM 3 everytime a question is answered correctly

The quiz needs to run all questions before it jumps to the correct screen. At the moment it is jumping to the screen as soon as GPRM 3 = 2 (or 3 correct) etc.

Hope that explains the prob!
August 29, 2006 12:59PM
I didn't understand a thing smiling smiley
But this is how I'd do it.

In each quiz menu, I'd link the button with the right answer to a scipt that increments the value of GPRM 3 and then goes to the next question. I'd link the buttons with the wrong anwsers to the next quiz question, no script. Because you don't need to keep track of wrong answers, ok?

So, you don't need to do any comparison until you're done with the very last question. From there you go to a script that checks the value of GPRM 3 and chooses the right results screen. I believe you said there were 12 questions. So you need to check the value of GPRM 3. If it's 0 go to screen 1 (no correct answers). If it's 1, go to screen 2 (one correct answer, eleven wrong answers), etc.

BTW, after this, make sure you make GPRM 3 = 0 again, in case they want to take the test again! Otherwise, they may end up with, say, 18 right answers smiling smiley

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics