subtitles problem

Posted by Romain Vaunois 
subtitles problem
September 02, 2006 03:12PM
Hi,
I would like to explain my problem a little bit better.
I have a DSP project with 32 stills that stay on for 2 minutes each. I created subtitles in the subtitle track for each still. They come up at the beginning of each still right after a cross fade.
They are all 10 seconds sequences. So when I play the movie in DSP or when I simulate it, it works, the still comes up with its subtitle and the subtitle disappear after 10 seconds while the still stay on for 2 minutes and then fade to the next still which comes up with its subtitle, etc...

So I burn the DVD and when I read it, the subtitles just stay on all the time, they won't disappear. Please somebody help me, I have a deadline coming up.
Thank you.

Also does anybody know how to make the subtitles fade in and out?
Thanks.

Romain Vaunois
Re: subtitles problem
September 03, 2006 12:13AM
It's not that we are not willing to help. It just never happened to me.

To fade titles in and out, select each subtitle clip, and then you'll see Fade In and Fade Out fields in the Subtitle Inspector.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Re: subtitles problem
September 20, 2006 09:30AM
Romain, DVDSP has an oddity I've never quite figured out. It seems that when you use subtitles, each one remains displayed until replaced by another one. That behavior does not occur in Simulator, but always seems to happen on any other player.

The solution (aka sick workaround) is to place an additional subtitle at the end of each set (meaning after the final subtitle of each slide). Instead of letters, simply enter a space character. That's invisible, yet DVDSP sees it as a new subtitle.

Sadly, that's the only way I have found to make the issue you mention go away.

I'm wide open to more elegant solutions anyone else can suggest.

And for those who've never seen it before... try it out. Place any number of subtitles on your track (one is enough). Then watch to see if it goes away when its supposed to when you're playing the DVD in anything except Simulator. I'd love to learn how you accomplished it.

bob rice
frameworx media
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics