strategy for first play menu

Posted by mark@avolution 
strategy for first play menu
September 08, 2006 11:11AM
My first part of my DVD will be a fully comped montage created in Motion
and brought into DVD Studio Pro.

Am I better off (quality wise) to export as an uncompressed QTime
or to just import the entire clip as a *.mtn file?

I am trying to keep the highest possible quality and wonder how you
folks deal with multiple comped material!

thanks
Re: strategy for first play menu
September 08, 2006 11:22AM
You are going to play a video before going to the Main menu? or is this video part of the Main Menu?

As far as the content, it doesn't matter because Motion.mnt is really Quicktime and they both need to be encoded to MPEG-2 before using them in DVD SP.
September 08, 2006 12:21PM
it's a corporate DVD; and yes I will be doing a short 45 second montage before the
main menu comes in.

Thanks
September 08, 2006 05:30PM
Well then, set "first play" to that montage track, and "end jump" to the Main Menu." Play" to the track you desire and "end jump" that track to the Menu.
September 20, 2006 02:14AM
If this footage is going to be part of a track before the main menu appears then you are absolutely going to want to encode it to MPEG2 before you import it to DVDSP... *if* you want to keep control over the quality.

DVDSP will encode for you, but you'll have no say in the quality other than to set the bitrate. Personally I'd encode externally every time and know I am starting with good assets rather than let DVDSP do the encoding! The added bonus is that when you do, the build/format phase is much quicker since the encoding has already happened elsewhere.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics